Thursday, September 25, 2008
The Great Responsibility of Making Ice
In our family, I am in charge of all the drinking water. I have to make sure that at least three of the five 1.5 liter waterbottles are full. I have to make sure that at least two of them are in the refrigerator so we have cold water available in hot weather. When there is no water at all, I have to order the water. However, the biggest task of keeping charge of the water is making the ice. More later...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I can see that this is a very important responsibility, right? After all, who can live without water?!
Wow Julie,you have a great responsibility in the house; I am impressed.I thought you were just a clumsy girl who just knew how to write well.
Just stopped in to see if you'd posted your second blog on either the "fair" or the "future." I'll check again on Monday.
I'm curious--and I'm not making a joke here, either: Do you have to make ice cubes during the fall and winter, too? When we lived in the States, we had ice cubes year-round. What I find curious is that we only make them for the summer here in Turkey. I suppose we are influenced by the local thinking that ice cubes (ice cream, cold drinks, etc.) aren't good for you in winter.
I am convinced that ice cubes do no harm in winter for the same reason that I believe that tea isn't harmful to drink in summer. :)
Post a Comment